Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 11 - the Ribbed Salt Lick



Yea, so I had this great plan for Asian BBQ baby back ribs.

I had the dry rub together: garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and ginger.

I had the BBQ sauce mixture together: BBQ sauce, mustard, soy sauce and hoisin sauce.

What I FORGOT was the brown sugar in the dry rub and the honey in the BBQ sauce mixture.

The Ribs turned out perfectly cooked, practically falling off the bone. They looked amazing, so amazing, my dog tried to run off with one while I was taking the photo. They tasted however like a salt lick. Well... ok, not that bad. but yea...way over the top without the balancing sweetness.

My hubby gave it a 3.5 out of 5...I gave it a more honest 1 out of 5 lol.

I will definitely try it again with a more balanced dry rub and sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment