Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 12 - The Easiest Roast Ever

So I was bored and decided to make up something for the crockpot, since I had the meat defrosted and needed to use it.

Idle hands are definitely dangerous for me.

The Easy Roast

1 Chuck Roast - 2.4 lbs
Season with salt, pepper, garlic and italian seasoning.

Place meat in crockpot.

Pour mixture of - 1 can beef broth, 1/3 cup of red wine vinegar and 1 can of rotel tomato/chili(mild) mixture drained - over meat.

Cook on low for about 8 hours or high for about 3- 4 hours(or until done).

This turned out AMAZING. 5 stars from both my husband and I. It was so good, I forget to get a photo.

The rotel added a little heat and tomatoey goodness without being overwhelming.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! I love buying chuck roast when its bogo at the grocery store. Its so tender in the crockpot and quite inexpensive.

    ReplyDelete