Friday, January 1, 2010

Days 4, 5 & I didn't do it..

So...for the holidays, I made a few dishes in the crockpot. One was a scalloped potato with cheddar and ham. It was..eh *shrugs* Not very exciting.

Then I tried a bread pudding in the crockpot recipe. Now... usually, when I make substitutions in a recipe, they turn out fabulous. This was...not...fabulous. It basically turned into what looked like mushy baby food. It was supposed to be a Cozy Cherry Bread Pudding made with a can of cherry pie filling, eggs, sugar, cinnamon raisin bread and a few other items that I can't remember. I do not know what happened, but it wasn't pretty and the entire batch ended up down the disposal.

I was not impressed or pleased.

In other news, I did try a crockpot Italian Sausage dish that was awesome. The camera isn't cooperating so I'll just tell you how AMAZING it was lol.

I took 5 Mild Italian Sausage links, a jar of pasta sauce, a 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar, some Italian seasoning, onion salt and one diced green pepper and mixed it all up and let it simmer in the crockpot on high for 5 hours.

Once it was done, I served it over a baked potato. It sounds odd, but it tasted amazing. My hubby had his over pasta. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment